STT 8300 Bias ADU count

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by MarkS, Jul 13, 2015.

1. MarkS

MarkS Standard User

HELP PLEASE!

I have just received a new STT 8300M purchased from Diffraction Ltd directly via Australian Agent.

When I set it up to take bias and dark frames, I noticed that the bias ADU count is at approximately 6000. All precautions taken: nose cover on, camera in darkness.

My old STT 8300M has a bias ADU count of approximately 1100.

This is obviously a huge difference. Has there been a design change, or is the camera faulty?

Incidentally, the unit arrived with the front cover bolted on upside down!

Mark

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

It should be possible to adjust it.

What is your camera's serial number? Did you purchase from a dealer, and if so which one?

By upside down, do you mean it was rotated 180 degrees so the aperture hole wasn't in front of the CCD window?

3. MarkS

MarkS Standard User

Camera SN is T14030644. It was purchased via SBIG Auustralian Distributor ATS. It was shipped direct from SBIG.

Yes the cover was rotated 180 degrees.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay we've looked into this, and it appears your camera somehow missed a step during final testing. We can fix this remotely. Our guys will be in touch to set up a remote session on your computer, and they'll be able make the appropriate adjustment.

We'll also make some minor changes to processes to ensure that this can't happen again.

Sorry for the trouble.

5. MarkS

MarkS Standard User

Thanks Doug,

I'm looking forward to the session.

Mark

6. MarkS

MarkS Standard User

Hi Doug and Adam,

Issue easily resolved via direct link.

Many thanks!

Regards,