ST-i Cable Damage/Replacement

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by BillF, Nov 4, 2014.

1. BillF

BillF Cyanogen Customer

I recently damaged the USB cable connecting my ST-i autoguider to the mount and need a replacement. I have not been able to find/identify a compatible cable locally or on line. I spoke with Bill at SBIG. He has the proper cable but indicated I would need to order it via DL. The part# he provided is 68006 (picture attached). I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how to conduct this transaction.

Thanks,
    IMG_0143.JPG
    Bill

2. BillF

BillF Cyanogen Customer

Correction: The cable is the USB cable connecting the ST-i to the computer (not mount).

3. Chris Rowland

Chris Rowland Standard User

That looks like a standard Mini USB connector and should be around all over the place in various lengths and qualities.

Chris

4. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Exactly, just do not buy cable with Micro USB connector, but Mini as Chris mentioned above. Also, if your new cable is longer
    than say 1.5 m, you should use powered USB hub, if you experience some communication problems with your ST-i camera.
    Regards,
    Jan

5. BillF

BillF Cyanogen Customer

Thanks for the advice. That's what I thought as well, but I have not been able to find a standard cable (micro or mini) that fits. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place...in any event was able to order a replacement via DL. Thanks again.
    Bill

6. Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson Standard User

There was a thread on the Yahoo Group about these cables. SBIG provides one that has thicker conductors than what you would typically find. If you want to use a hub or try your luck, I typically buy my USB cables from https://www.cablewholesale.com/ or http://www.monoprice.com.

Dan