Correct Sizing For STF-8300c Power Plug

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Mike Lewis, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis Standard User

I am wanting to know what the exact part number might be for the matching power plug (including the mating threaded screw collar) for the STF-8300c. The manual is a little confusing, as it states that the dimensions are 5.5/2.0, but gives the Switchcraft pasrt number of S760K, which appears to be a 5,5/2.1 dimensioned plug:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/S760K/S760K-ND/303147

So I am not really sure what I am supposed to buy here. I have made a through the mount power cable for use of this camera with my MyT mount using a 5.5/2.1 part, but it is intermittent.

I know there are dedicated cables to be purchased for Software Bisque, but I am quite handy with a soldering iron and would like to avoid that expense if at all possible. I am confident the other portions of my cable set appear to be good; the problem is right at the camera, and is likely due to using a connector without the mating collar...

Thanks bunches,

ML

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis Standard User

OK, thanks, I will order a couple.

ML

4. Kirk

Kirk Standard User

Doug,
    You wouldn't happen to know what the part number (Switchcraft or other) for the corresponding jack is, so I could make a custom length power extension cable? i.e. the S760K-ND at one end and unknown part number that the other end that a S760K-ND could couple with. The one SBIG sell is way too long for what I need and seems to be out of stock everywhere anyway. The Digi-Key website only shows a surface mount Jack and a call to their tech support line produced no part number. I suppose I could use this surface mount part:
    http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/722A/SC1049-ND/109410 and put shrink tubing on it. Not elegant but it would work.

Thanks,
    Kirk

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I think you'll have to go with the one you found.

6. Kirk

Kirk Standard User

Thanks Doug. I ordered 3 of them.