A few questions about Planet Master

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by Danny K, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Danny K

Danny K Standard User

It seems that when using Planet Master, only half the image is visible (and half of the "sharpest" image is visible as well). Is there a way to configure this so that the entire image is visible (or even turn off the calculations/preview for the sharpest image)? If not, is there any way to view a continuous stream of full images at short exposure?

Thanks.

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Danny, not sure if Planetmaster is still supported - it's probably 16+ years old. What version and camera are you using?

3. Danny K

Danny K Standard User

Camera is the STF 8300 monocrhome. I'm using CCDops 5; not sure if there's another version number on that, but it was downloaded a few days ago from the "Current Software" page.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Ok, CCDops Planet Master function, was thinking the old standalone program.
    After playing with it for a bit, I've come to the same conclusion - it just gives you the half image to the left, and the best one so far to the right.
    I'm not aware of a way to get a full image using the planet master function.
    There are other software programs out there...

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

5. Danny K

Danny K Standard User

I've played around with it, and it seems like the best way to get a more-or-less live feed is in "Focus" mode using "Planet" for the frame size (then the size can be set as desired). With the camera setting on Low resolution and a frame size of about 1/2 the normal size, I could get around 1.5 frames per second in Focus mode.