AC4040M-to-filter wheel: cable type?

Discussion in 'Aluma AC Series CMOS' started by Eric Dose, Oct 14, 2024 at 7:36 PM.

1. Eric Dose

Eric Dose Cyanogen Customer

Hello, I received my AC4040M camera+filter wheel+guider assembly back from service, and it is working well. Thanks.

However, cable connecting the camera to filter wheel that I sent still attached was missing on return. It looks like a simple DB9/serial M-to-F cable, and I'm happy to replace it, but first I'll need to know: is it a straight-through or crossover-type cable? Could you let me know here? Thanks again.
    --Eric Dose

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Straight through. I'll ask @Tim to have them track it down.

3. Eric Dose

Thanks for your very fast answer, Colin.

No need to track down or send a cable--I have now acquired a name-brand replacement for much, much less than it would cost you to send one. I just didn't want to risk connecting with the wrong type.

Cheers,
    Eric

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

It turns out it was in the bottom of a box in the warehouse in the shipping area; process step was missed. Sorry about that!

5. Eric Dose

No harm done, Colin, none at all.

The New Mexico Skies tech team had loaned and installed a spare SBIG cable from a similar camera, so I simply needed the spec to ensure that I properly replaced it. In the end, I never missed a minute of observing from this, which is the most important. Thx again.