Adaptor problem

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Dave, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Dave

Dave Standard User

Unfortunately I cannot unthread this focuser adaptor I have on my STXL 6303E/ self guiding wheel to save my life! I am concerned either I will damage the adaptor or the nosepiece or both. It is actually on the self guiding filter wheel, so the nosepiece is on that. So I am wondering if the best thing might be to get a spare nosepiece and just unscrew the one that's on there and replace that? Is it possible to buy a spare nose piece for it? How long would that take to get?
    Thanks
    Dave

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. Dave

Dave Standard User

Thanks Doug. Actually that isn't the part I was looking for. I screwed up the description probably. It's actually square and has 4 screws that thread into the filter wheel cover. Maybe it's not a nosepiece but it has a lower profile threaded portion that adaptors screw into . Will send picture later if I can get to it
    Dave

4. Dave

Dave Standard User

Here is the image of what I am trying to remove. I don't think a strap wrench will even work but will try it. That's why I was thinking it would be great if I had a spare face plate, I could just remove this one and put a new one on? Is there somewhere I could get one by next Wednesday? :) SBIG-help.jpg

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

6. Dave

Dave Standard User

Thanks Doug. The wrench unfortunately did not work, however there appears to be a locking ring in the lower part of this mess so I am working on that with the vendor. Perhaps there is still hope. But in the meantime I did order the mounting plate :)
    Dave