ALERT: Primaluce Power Cables

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Doug, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Doug

Doug Staff Member

In Spring 2021 PrimaLuceLab produced a batch of Aluma CCD / StarChaser / STC power cables that were wired incorrectly. They recalled the cables and fixed them but, if you still have one of these cables, do not use them.

Our cameras are protected against reverse voltages, but we can't stop the short circuit between 12V and the USB port ground connection. The result is that it blows the main board in the camera and the USB ports on the computer.

This does not affect Aluma AC, STF, STT, STXL, and STX cameras, as they have different connectors.

If you have purchased one of these cables, please contact Primaluce for a replacement. If you have used one of these cables, please contact both us and Primaluce.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I'd just like to add that PrimaLuceLab has been very good in dealing with the issue.

Also, I've now had a chance to try out one of their EAGLE4 Pro computers in my observatory, and it's a big thumbs up! It is very nicely integrated, includes really good power management, has lots of ports, is fast, and it handles the cold very well.

mike m benjamin likes this.