Allky-340 Image Problem

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by John Baker, Jul 30, 2016.

1. John Baker

John Baker Standard User

Our Allsky-340 all the sudden has a black area as you can see in the image on the left side. There is no obstruction of any kind on the window and an unobstructed view of the sky.

What could be the cause of this? Is there some water damage to the electronics or ccd?

Thanks

allsky_dead_pixels.JPG

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Impossible to tell exactly what is going on from the image, but that is definitely not an electronics problem. It is optical in nature. Have a look into the top of the unit - is there some sort of damage or obstruction on the lens?

3. John Baker

John Baker Standard User

I know it looks like something optical but I can't see anything obvious on the clear dome or near the lens. We took some images during the day in a different position and it is still there. We will probably have to remove the dome and take a closer look. I agree though it looks like something obstructing the view, I just can't see anything.

4. John Baker

John Baker Standard User

We have looked closer and there is nothing visible on the lens or dome but we were able to have it move off the detector by gently shaking it. Is it possible there is something internal between the lens and the ccd?

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Sure sounds like it. You may have to send it in for service.