Resolved Aluma 4710 not found

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by Richard S Post, May 18, 2020.

1. Richard S Post

Richard S Post Cyanogen Customer

I have not been able to get to Maine to use my Aluma 4710 where it ran on a Win 7 x64 computer prior to the repair. I have a new application, so I have tried to use the Aluma at home with my desk and laptop computers, both Win 10 X64. I am using MDL 6.21 and the lastets driver from Diffraction website. I power up the camera and plug in the USB connection and with both computers, I see no change in the device managers. No new entry.

I then open Maxim and "error opening camera". "Could not find your camera w/ S/N:0..." I try to disover camera with Setup Camera. Pick Camera shows nothing in dropdown list. Advanced shows an empty form.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Dic

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If it doesn't show up in the device manager, don't even bother with MaxIm DL! That's what we have to sort out first.

Make sure the camera is getting power - fans running, shutter initializes, etc.

Make sure the USB connector is properly inserted. Check for cable damage. Make sure the USB port on the PC is working properly. etc.

3. Richard S Post

Richard S Post Cyanogen Customer

Thanks. The cable was bad. I had recently used it, so I faied to think it was bad.
    Dick

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member