Resolved Aluma U694 desiccant plug seems loose

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by Daniel Borcard, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Daniel Borcard

Daniel Borcard Cyanogen Customer

Hello group,

Yesterday I received my brand new Aluma U694 and installed the filters in the FW8G-Aluma filter wheel. Now, on browsing through the manual, I came to the section describing how to extract the desiccant plus for regeneration. It says: " Use a coin to turn the container 90° counter clockwise to extract it. ". On my camera the desiccant plug is slightly loose and protruding, and nothing happens when I turn it in either direction. It simply turns, without getting tight or loose. What is this?

Pleaeaeaease don't tell me I have to send the camera back...

Thank you for any help!

Daniel (looking forward to test his new toy)

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

It’s normal.

The desiccant plug is locked when the slot is horizontal, and unlocked when vertical. Even when unlocked it takes some effort to pull it out due to the o-ring seal.

3. Daniel Borcard

Daniel Borcard Cyanogen Customer

Thank you for your prompt response Doug!

While I am at it, I have sent a request for a license key this morning (about 11:30 AM) for MaxIm LT. I have received no e-mail yet. Since the procedure is supposed to be automatic, I wonder if I should already have received anything.

Daniel

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We don’t have LT license auto-approval working yet. You’re license will pop when the responsible person logs in and checks.

In the meantime you can use the MaxIm DL Pro demo, available on our site.