Any resources/info for the AO-8T?

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by JoshuaHufford, Feb 16, 2024.

1. JoshuaHufford

JoshuaHufford Cyanogen Customer

I'm trying to find specs and/or a manual for the AO-8T. I couldn't find it on the retired hardware page, and the forum won't let me search for a keyword that short.

In particular I'd like to know how much backfocus it uses up, and how much does it weigh?

Also I don't know a lot about its operation. Do you still autoguide with this or does it render autoguiding unneeded? If you do still need to do some form of guiding if the AO unit is using the built in guide camera of the filter wheel is a second guide camera needed?

I've thought about picking up one of these for my STT camera since they go for pretty cheap any more, just not sure if I have the backfocus available for it and my focuser can handle the added weight.

Thanks!

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. JoshuaHufford

Apparently I'm blind but I'm not finding the AO-8T on the legacy page.

Do I use the manual for the AO-7?

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Yep, you're blind. :cool:
    The AO-8, AO-8T, AO-8A are all basically the same hardware with a different back plate, and possibly a different cable.
    The manual is on the Legacy Page, right hand side.
    Direct link: https://cdn.diffractionlimited.com/downloads/legacy/ao8manual.pdf

5. JoshuaHufford

Well I did see the AO-8, but I didn't want to assume it was the same as the AO-8T