AO-8 is not alive?

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Hirofumi Tanaka, Nov 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hirofumi Tanaka

Hirofumi Tanaka Cyanogen Customer

Am using Aluma 8300+FW8G+AO-8A since last month. Although the camera and the FW8G are
    working good, the AO-8 seems to be down. Its red LED does not turn on continuously. The LED once
    turns on for a while when the camera is powered on.
    Of cause AO control window does not come. Are there any hardware problems in the AO??

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We do have a software issue with the AO-8A, which is being worked on right now. We’ll get you up and running ASAP.

3. Hirofumi Tanaka

Ok, I'm waithing for the new software/driver. Thanks for prompt reply and helpful info. No hardware trouble, isn't it?

Hiro,

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

It sounds like everything is normal with your hardware. It may take a couple of weeks to get the software sorted. We'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

5. Hirofumi Tanaka

AO-8A unit still does not respond even on new version of MaxIm DL(v 6.20). Red LED is not turned on after a blink of LED
    on power supply. Setting of camera is "DL imaging" and filter is "DL imaging+FW". Dual chip mode specified. No AO control
    window is shown on guider focusing mode. Finally I feel the unit has same hardware trouble. Is there any part that I can
    check/operate it? Or had I better send it back to you?

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Our sincere apologies, but the software is still not ready yet. We're working as hard as we can to get that remedied.

7. Hirofumi Tanaka

It's quite Okay. I can surely wait for the improvement.
    It may be no more clear sky using AO than that of winter night at here in Hokkaido, northern Japan.