AOX with a STF camera

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by John Wetmore, Dec 17, 2016.

1. John Wetmore

John Wetmore Standard User

Is it possible to use an AOX with a STF camera using a separate guider. And if so how would you connect the separate guider to the AOX? Which i2c port would you use?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The STF can control the AO-X, but short of very custom software there is no way to guide with a third-party camera.

People have occasionally used the STF as a guide camera.

3. John Wetmore

Doug,

As always thanks for the quick reply. Bill and Diffraction Limited were highly successful in getting my Osiris STF 8050c camera to function as new. I am always impressed with Bill's ability to get problems resolved and DL's support of users of older SBIG cameras.

I guess my real question is can I use the AOX with the STF Cam using a SBIG guide camera? Is there a SBIG guide camera that could be used on an OAG and connect to the AOX and STF cam?

Again, thanks for the support and this is the reason I have used SBIG cameras for all of my imaging.

John

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You need an SBIG camera with an I2C port. The lowest-cost SBIG camera that has I2C is the STF-8300. The 402/1603/3200 version doesn't have it. Nor does the ST-I.

The remote guide head would require an STT-8300.

5. John Wetmore

Doug,

Thank you for all the information.

Best,

John