ASCOM Direct Guiding?

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Sreilly, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Sreilly

Sreilly Cyanogen Customer

So verifying all my connections for automated imaging using ACP Expert with the STX-16803 and STL-11000 cameras. Hardware is AP3600GTO mount, both listed cameras with Pyxis 3" rotators, MaxIm v6.13, RC 12.5' f/9 and TOA-150 f/7 mounted side by side on the AP3600. Software running is MaxIm, ACP Expert (ACP & Scheduler), APCC (Astro-Physics Control Center), FocusMax v3.6.0, AP Driver v5.09.01.

Due to both telescopes/cameras being mounted on the one mount we are using ASCOM Direct to guide. APCC uses the actual COM port to connect to the telescope and creates a virtual port for all other programs to connect to acting as a virtual hub, as I understand it. ACP connects to COM 8, the virtual port and MaxIm is set under the Observatory tab to connect to ACP Telescope Hub. Under the guiding tab|Settings ASCOM Direct is setup to connect to ACP Telescope Hub. I understand this setup needs to be as such but is the Observatory setting correct for also connecting to the ACP Telescope Hub?

It appears that when ACP is connected to the telescope MaxIm is not showing a connection in the Observatory tab, I think this is correct and should not be connected.

The second capture shows the ASCOM Direct Settings as there are now.

The third capture shows the MaxIm Observatory screen without telescope connected in ACP.

This may all seem elementary to most but problems have been plaguing this setup for a good while and I'm triple checking everything I can find to finally get a smooth operating remote system.

Any and all suggestions very much welcomed.

Thanks,

Steve

Attached Files:

2. Sreilly

Sreilly Cyanogen Customer