ASCOM Driver for SC3/AOX

Discussion in 'DL Imaging Drivers - Aluma, STC, StarChaser' started by Martin Pugh, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

Hi

what would it take to develop an ASCOM driver for the SC3/AOX combination so that I can configure this in SkyX? There are functional issues I just cannot perform under Maxim DL - e.g precision slew to a target, and have the FOVI (which includes an indicator for the imaging camera and SC3) automatically rotate and frame the target so that I can precisely adjust that so that a suitable guide star falls on the SC3 sensor. Of course, I also do not have AOX control under SkyX with the SC3 controlling it.

many thanks for considering.
    Martin

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The first issue is that there is currently no ASCOM standard for AO devices. The second issue is that the interface is the smallest part of the problem. The software to drive the AO is the complicated part.

I know that Software Bisque has the ability to drive the AO, but I'm not sure whether they've implemented it for the newer generation cameras. Maybe talk to them?

3. Martin Pugh

Doug.....when is the 64bit version of the ASCOM driver for the SC3 due. Trying to use the 64bit version of SkyX and of course it will not load the current driver.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

We have a beta version that might be usable. I'll check with @Adam Robichaud on Monday (your Tuesday) after I do a few quick tests here, and let you know if it would be ready for you to test drive.

5. Martin Pugh

ok, thanks.

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

PM sent to you with details.