Assorted images and data

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Dec 25, 2021.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech with a "CustomWhiteBalance using 'no-filter' and a Lens to make a 'black-card' image to be used as a "WhiteBalance - 'Custom-icon' for the 'color conversion" . I did 207secISO800 and one 207secISO1600 and two 207secISO3200 RAWMonochrome Autosave images , but , I did know I had the 75-300mm Zoom Lens at 180mmFL and I did use the trees across the field at about 600 feet to 'focus' it with the Baader 7nm Hydrogen Alpha 2in. filter on the Lens. But , I did it today after I sleep before nite comes . . I think the 'black-card' is working and the 'LongExposureNoiseReduction-Enabled' shows less edge blur and the 'HighLightTonePriority-Enabled' helps also . Tonight I will try the Baader 7nm Ha again first on Simeis147 ... it does take about 10 minutes to do an image and 10 more for the noise reduction , plus , the Moon was out at about the Pleiades area and about 75% illuminated and will be about 80% illuminated tonight that they say will be clear .... but it is the Simeis147 that I will be doing to see the size at 180mmFL . x

[ In the book Carpentry & Construction by Miller Miller and Baker a McGraw Hill book on page 51 there is a formula for figuring the Cubic Yards of cement needed for a footer . It uses a fraction problem and you use the multiplying fractions proceedure . It says 1 Cubic Yard is 27 cubic feet ( 3 x 3 x3 ) . For a Footing that is 48' feet in long and 24' feet in wide and 18"inches in width and 8"inches thick .... you use a formula as fractions that would be the length and how wide the perimeter is added together and the multiplied time 2 would be 144' feet for the perimeter of the footer . Then the L=144' feet and the width of the footer would be W=18" inches and T=8" for the thickness . The problem would be written as L'=144 W"=18 T"=8 _____ X ____ X ____ = 3 36 36 and you multiply the numerators and then you multiply the denominators and you have a large numerator over a smaller denominator which is an im-proper fraction and then divide the numerator by the denominator and it equals = 5,3333 Cubic Yards and you probably might order 5.6666 Cubic Yards to be sure there is enough Concrete to do the job . The denominator of 3 for L' is used for 3 feet in a yard and the denominators of 36" for W" and T" are used because there is less than a yard for the W" and the T" in the fraction forms . But you just use the multiplying fractions proceedure and then reduce the fraction answer for the Cubic Yards needed . A floor area would use for the W" ... a W' for feet and a denominator of 3 because there would be more than a yard for width .] !; this reminds me of being out of 'focus' with a Lens to begin with .... but I wasn't sure till I tried the EOS Utility 'Live View' 'focus' position changes a couple of moves at a time . x

In an American Red Cross First Aid & Safety book by Mosby Lifeline ........... on page 74 .... for exercise your heart ... and you should do about 20-30 minutes three times a week ... like stationary bicycle riding or a stair climber . You use the number 220 and then subtract your age from it and there will be a number and then you multiply that times .65 and you get another number which is what your Heart Rate which would be beats per minute . For me at soon to be 67 years old .... it would be 99.45 for the Heart Rate which is a moderate stationary bicycle ride and you hold at that rate for 15 minutes which then builds the heart for a good cardiovascular fitness . Walking briskly can do it too . This kind of exercise will open up more channels for blood flow .x ___________________________________________________________
    With this Simeis147 image and the 58mm Aperature Canon 75-300mmLens at 280mmFL it makes the 'object' too big and I will try 180mmFL and do it again which might keep the detail smaller without over-expanding it and easier to 'center' it in the image . This image "PinPointAstrometry" GSC Catalog solved with Defaults but the 'Search Area(as % of image) was dialed down to 100 , but , the Standard Deviation must be at 3.00 . This 'solved' at 170mmFL . It looks like the Rosette should be closer to the top left of the image to show the haze to the low right area . Maybe if the Canon 75-300mmZoom Refurbished Lens might do better at 150mmFL also . ( This image was first done to each 16Bit FITS "KernalFilter-Median3x3" , then "FFT Filter Custom " , then "DigitalDevelopment-GaussianBlur 1.0" , then "KernalFilter-Median3x3" , then "KernalFilter-GaussianBlur radius:2 and feathering:3" . And then 'screen-stretch' Max-Val and then "Stretch" as 16Bit ) So , then 180mmFL or 280mmFL on the Zoom Lens seems OK for the California Nebula , but these other 'objects' need 180mm or 150mm 0r 135mmFL instead ; this California Nebula looks OK but this is a smaller size and maybe can't get much smaller with a lesser focal-length setting on the Zoom of the Lens . x

============================================================
    I seen as in an ' I saw ' in the Scott Foresmann book 'Preparing for the GED test' on page 332 for "Physics" about the 'Properties of Light' .... . "Atoms" .... excited .... then give off energy seen as 'light' or 'photons' in waves or particles . And , also certain metals when a light is shined on them can release an ' electron ' . Hmmmm ... this seems like a Rubicon ...idea .... but , could a 'pixel' be a substrate that is a type of metal ' ? . Silicon is on the Atomic Chart as Number 14 . This Silicon mixed with other impurities might be like the metal they are talking about that can release an ' electron ' when a ' photon ' hits it . Maybe , the strength of the metalized substrate if it is metalized is controlled by how warm or cool the ' sensor ' is . On a hot day and without cooling a DSLR or CCD ' sensor ' the substrate is soft and expanded a little and a ' photon ' hit might cause the release of a few ' electrons ' and only one of them might record the ' intensity ' of the ' photon ' and the others record nothing and is a ' dark-current ' statistic . If you cool the DSLR or CCD 'sensor' to 32* degrees or less ... the substrate might be more solid like metal and when a ' photon ' hits the substrate there is the chance only one ' electron ' will be released and with less ' dark-current ' mishaps . Silica it says in the Webster's Collegiate Dictionary that it is found in some quartz or sand ; which might have the hardness of a metal or close enough for the ' photon ' reaction to a metal to cause an ' electron ' to release . I can say no more .... @T%* . No , but does a ' photon ' actually enter into the substrate of a 'pixel' to try to find an ' electron ' or does it just bounce off the face of the 'pixel' after passing thru the Bayer Matrix and cause the release of an ' electron ' that might stay in the substrate and record the ' photon ' 'intensity ' . ? . This idea seems to be ' salient ' to finding out what actually happens to the ' photon ' when it hits the substrate .... and is there a big difference in being a cool or warm ' sensor ' causing a hardness value to the substrate which would control the amount of ' electrons ' release by a ' photon ' hit . , ? . x
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++.x

On Nova PBS Broadcasting station in our N.E PA area they had some Universe programs and the Hubble images were NGC2525 by the Sirius area at -11*degrees and it's 3'arc-min in size but it looked dense ; and another was ARP273 that is below Mirfak and it's 3'arc-min in size and it looks like the M51 and it's 300,000 lys or million lys away . I'l try to get them with a 4XPowerMate as 4800mm FL or an 8mmEthos as eyepiece-projection I'l try for small planetary nebulas like the Eskimo and the the Cat's Eye which would be about 150xpower magnification in my Telescope .x