Autoguiding Scripts

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by Jimmy Savarese, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Jimmy Savarese

Jimmy Savarese Cyanogen Customer

I would like to expand the Aquire.vbs script from the maxim website example blog to include autoguiding. I have two ZWO ASCOM cameras used for the main and autoguider camera one color one b&w. Can someone help with an example script or explain how to connect and control the cameras through Maxim? I found online an old script from diffraction limited that to set this up with the camera simulators, first I should make a copy of the simulator DLL in the maxim dl directory. This seems to work but do I need to make a duplicate of the ASCOM DLL for the real cameras. I don't see anything in the documentation about the Maxim.CCDCamera object except in the example scripts. So I was surprised that the Aquire script used this object rather than connecting to the ASCOM camera objects as is done with the telescope. Also the Acquire script didn't work originally with the simulator. I had to change the name of the simulated telescope object to something like ASCOM.ScopeSim as listed in the ASCOM object viewer instead of the telescope simulator name listed in the script. I've had pretty good success so far, but would like better examples and documentation to go on, rather than by trial and error. Can you please help?