B33 6 minute images

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Nov 20, 2021.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

{{{ B33 with again another try at it but, I did "ColorBalance" and "DigitalDevelopment" and then "Stretch for Max-Val 16Bit" and then "Threshold-MaximumThreshold 40000" and then "Stretch Max-Val 16Bit" to each image before I stacked them with SDMask-DeltaLevel , but , I left out the 361secISO3200 image because it was too peppery and would make the stacked FITS harder to smooth ...

I think mainly ISO800 and and a lesser amount of ISO1600 might make a smoother finished image .. * . This worked on M31 as a single 6minISO800 image and brightens the galaxy .}}}

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) , using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFL ..... and without using any filter with a CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech with a "CustomWhiteBalance using 'no-filter' and a Lens to make a 'black-card' image to be used as a "WhiteBalance - 'Custom-icon' for the 'color conversion" . I did three 361secISO1600 and three 361secISO800 and three 361secISO1600 using a 67secISO200flush-frame before each 'light' frame as RAWMonochrome Autosave FITS . I did "Color Balance" and "Digital Development" and other commands like "Curves-Luminance and Color" , and "Stretch-Gamma" a few times . .x I think some 4minute and 5minute exposures would help a lot and maybe some 8minute ones for more depth .x
    +++++++++++++++++++ In the Reeves book 'Introduction to Digital Astrophotography' on page 58 it explains CCD vs. CMOS sensors about their differences . With a DSLR though ... I think the 'LongExposureNoiseReduction-Enabled' is it's 'cooling system' and I can't image without it for the 'light' frames for stacking . x ++++++++++++ .x

\ On Ray Gralaks site there are images and NGC7380 is an emission nebula close to 40'arc-min in size and it's between Caph and Alderamin .\\\.x