B33 re-done

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Mar 1, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Canon EOSII RebelT7i 'modified by Hutech' 9minISO6200 2400mmFL using a Baader 7nm Ha 2in. filter for eight CR2.s and Baader H-Beta 2in. for
    two CR2.s and a TPO80A lightblue 2in. filter for two CR2.s thru a TeleVue 2XPowerMate thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) on an
    Astro-Physics 1200GTO '2010' Mount . The images were Sum stacked in MaximDL Pro V6.16 and then the FITS was put into "ImagesPLus" to work
    on it . Eventually the FITS was put back into MaximDL Pro for more 'FFT Filter' smoothing and 'Deconvolving' .
    The 8bit FITS will "PinPoint Astrometry" 'solve' using the USNO-A2 with magnitudes from 10th to 18.50 .x
    I was reading in a site that said that with a DSLR you do an image and check the camera's 'Info' in the LCD for the Histogram for Luminance
    and Color and if the 'data' is in the left side and being chopped you need to expose longer for Astrophotography . I checked the recent Baader 7nm Ha
    and H-Beta 9minISO6400 images in the LCD screen and the 'data' is being chopped in the left side of the Histogram … so I must use longer
    exposures for these filters the next time … but it's been cloudy lately .x
    I was looking at a Baader UV-IR Cut-Off 2in. filter like I have in Company7 and also their DayStar Solar filters and it said in a chart that the
    Ha filter sees at 656.2nm and the H-Beta sees at the 656.2nm also .. so I thing it might be that the H-Beta filter is a blue-green colored filter
    which they must figure is allowing the important H-Beta 656.2nm thru that filter the best and the color might not be what is the main idea … but the
    H-Beta 656.2 luminosity is the main idea .?.x
    I did this image again with eight Baader 7nm Hydrogen Alpha images and two H-Beta and two TPO80A filters and tried again to see what might be
    found …. small stars in it might be real but it's hard to tell because the USNO-A2 did 'solve' a 19th mag. star which is twice the size of the small common
    stars in the image .x
    SpencerCameras in Alpine, Utah has 'Full Spectrum' DSLR's and that looks like a good idea to have a 300nm to 1100nm camera … and Gary Honis has
    a site and he has directions on how to do it yourself which I don't think I would try it but he says the Astronomic 'clear' glass sensor filter is the best kind
    he's seen .x