Bayer pattern for the STF8300C

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Dave, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Dave

Dave Standard User

I'm processing some images taken by a friend who used the STF8300C. Does anyone know what the bayer matrix pattern is for the camera?
    Thanks
    Dave

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Dave,

Type "Bayer Matrix" into the Search box and find Doug's post from May 21st on this very topic. The text of which is pasted below.

"The Bayer matrix is fundamentally the same in these sensors. At most you may have to adjust the color balance - which you really should do anyway.

I can't speak in detail about third-party software that we've not evaluated, but the conversion algorithm for ST-2000 should work okay.

Here is some information on how to measure your color balance and correct it: http://www.cyanogen.com/help/maximdl/Color_Balance.htm You should be able to achieve something similar with your software."

3. Dave

Dave Standard User

Ok thanks Bill. From that post looks like it's RGGB

4. Dave

Dave Standard User

Actually it turns out for this camera BGGR leads to the correct result

5. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Great Dave, I'm glad you were able to get it figured out.

-Bill

6. EricC

EricC Cyanogen Customer

When trying to determine which Bayer conversion method to use in a given software package, is it valid to take a picture during the day and try different conversion methods to see which produces the most natural results? Or is there something different about daytime pictures that would cause a different Bayer conversion to be needed compared to a nighttime picture?

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

That's a perfectly good technique. Recommended in fact.