BlackhillsSpruce trees

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jun 2, 2021.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Experimenting with some different types of 'Calibrate' in MaximDL Pro V6.16 , I , have found that different things can happen to
    a 'light' frame ... the one I used is the BlackhillsSpruce trees at about 300 ft. away at night with a Canon 75-300mmLens at 300mmFL .
    I used a Baader 7nm HydrogenAlpha 2in. filter for 427secISO6400 .... the one before trying a 'Simple Auto-dark' experiment .

This experiment '-uses-' a 157secISO6400_DARKMasterTricolor-3framesAuto-Scale done to show the affect . Also , a 'no-calibrate' as
    the 'original' image . One as 157secISO6400_DarkRAWMono-3darks-Auto-Scale which also will show in the Log that it looks like 'darks'
    used to 'calibrate' a 'light' frame without being a DARKMaster might be 'calibrating' a 'light' frame three times because each 'dark' is
    listed separately in the Log , this method as 157sec 'darks' seems>>>>>better ____ than a 'single' 607secISO6400-dark which almost
    completely wipes out the 'light' frame and a 607secISO6400_DarkMaster is a lot stronger a way too much and harder to control resorting
    to Manual 0.0010 , this doesn't seem to matter whether you use RAWMonochrome 'calibrating' or Tricolor 'calibrating' .

From the looks of the different RAWMonochrome and Tricolor 'calibrating with 157secISO6400 DarkMasters or just 'darks' .... the 'darks'
    look like they do it the best . Longer exposure DARKMasters don't seem to be the thing to '-use-' .

Doing just 'darks' in the 150sec time exposure range would take less time to acquire them; only a few would be necessary as 'darks' to
    RAWMonochrome 'calibrate . This is using the CanonEOSII RebelT7i with small 3.72micron size pixels . The longer exposure
    10 minute 'darks' seem to be going past the point into a bizaardvark event in the 'sensor' and the resulting 'dark' is haywire . ZXZX

Image ' 2 ' is 'calibrated' as just the three RAWMonochrome 'darks' in the "Set Calibration" of MaximDL Pro .x