Resolved calibration frame problem

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Peter Brack, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Peter Brack

Peter Brack Cyanogen Customer

I had this problem before but can't recall if /how was resolved
    I am taking some bias, and dark frames, at 600s and 120s, in the Autosave tab of MaxIm camera exposure tab
    Whether this images are bias or dark, they are all white, with no variance in light readings across the images.

I then switched to skyX to do them. The bias frame seemed okay but the dark frame was all consistently white.

Unsure what is going on . It is at night, so there wouldnt be much light inside the observatory now
    here are the images:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79lc0b3hdurahv9/BiasLum0.000secs-25.20C1x110 18 201800000001.fit?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3crv0fs2ctec5tz/DarkLum70.000secs-25.11C1x110 18 201800000004.fit?dl=0

Unsure what could be causing this problem

Peter

MaxIm 6.18

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Looks light contaminated.

I'm going to suspect the IR Preflash LEDs. Make sure all software is fully up-to-date - camera firmware, SBIG driver software, and your camera control software.

Also see if you can replicate the problem using CCDOPS.

3. Peter Brack

How do I upgrade camera firmware and sbig driver software. I went to the SBIG driver and looked for update but windows couldn't find one but suggested to look on manufacturers website. Have never upgraded it before so unsure how to do both of these. Am using latest MaxIm

4. Peter Brack

found it Doug on diffraction website under SBIG STX downloads, just updating the driver and firmware now

5. Peter Brack

all working now Doug, since upgrading the camera firmware and the driver software

Thank you!

Peter