Camera/Filterwheel/Imaging stops working

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by rockenrock, Jul 24, 2016.

1. rockenrock

rockenrock Cyanogen Customer

Hi,
    I have been using Stt8300M/FW8G-STT/AO8T/MaxPoint/Maxim DL6 for about 2 years with good results until recently....
    When Star Finding 0.12 second continuous images the camera control window can suddenly say Exposing, but images quit updating. This happens randomly. I have been trying to find the cause, and wiggling/ bending all cables and connectors (when imaging is working properly) does not make it lock up. But suddenly it happens.

When the above Exposing, but not updating happens, I try to close the camera control window Maxim DL locks and I have to restart it. Then when reconnecting the AO control window flashes on, with no black window inside), and I get the Error (1001) Opening Filter Wheel message. Try many times, and sometimes it will connect. I also turn off power to the camera and restart. Still will not connect. Then suddenly it will connect.

No software, drivers or updates/change done recently.

I really don't know what to do. Pully my limited hair out is not helping! Looking for your experienced ideas!

Roger

2. rockenrock

rockenrock Cyanogen Customer

Hmmmm,
    No clues for me?
    Roger

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Roger, it might help people come up with ideas if you gave us a bit of background info such as what versions of software and firmware and drivers. e.g. are you running MaxIm DL 6.13 on Windows 10 64bit ? Can you post a screen-shot of the latest version of the SBIG Driver Checker's screen that shows the driver versions, and then the firmware tab, get firmware versions?

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Definitely useful information for sure.

In addition to those details, can you tell us, are you using a USB hub as these are frequently problematic? Has anything changed (like hardware) in your setup recently?