Can't capture images while autoguiding

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Gunny, May 29, 2015.

1. Gunny

Gunny Cyanogen Customer

This may be related to my previous post on unbinned autoguiding poblems with the new stt 8300 and fw 8g.
    Problem now appears to be with the autoguiding cooperating with the imaging chip. If I'm guiding, I cannot use the imaging chip. The tab for imaging is grayed out. If I use the imaging chip and shut off autoguiding, the same happens with the autoguide tab on tsx. Maybe it's just a setting in tsx that I have wrong and that will not allow autoguiding to work at the same time I'm imaging. Btw, weather did break enough for me to get the focuser and autoguiding to work.

Appreciate any help out there.....................Jerald

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Some suggestions:

1. Make sure you have the settings right in the software.

2. Try another software package and see if it work better.

3. If you have a hub between the computer and the camera, try removing it (or using a different one). I've seen things like this happen if the hub can't keep up with the traffic.

3. Gunny

Gunny Cyanogen Customer

Hello Doug,

After getting totally frustrated by Matt Bisque in trying to solve this problem, I posted the following conversations on their forum: http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/t/24796.aspx . Hard to nail this one down, but after spending the better part of a week on this problem and Bisques' lack of communication, I'm throwing in the towel.
    To me the problem is a combination of problems that center around the usb hub and the software packages. Since I have a system that works fine with my fli and lodestar cameras, I am not willing to spend the additional $ on additional software, computers, new hubs, ect.
    I do appreciate your teams efforts, Doug. Tim Puckett and Bill Lynch were trying to help in this matter and spent a lot of time with me on the phone. Can't say that about Matt Bisque. I also want to thank you for allowing me a second trial license of maxim dl 6. It does seem to work with the camera, but there are other problems where the software doesn't seem to communicate with my existing equipment. I have purchased the maxim dl ip package awhile back and it has worked very well for my processing.
    After all the trials and tribulations in the past week there is a recommendation that I wish all manufacturers would take to heart regarding the usb technology and the use of usb hubs. Test your equipment using a quality hub and and a 300 foot length of cat 5 or 6 cable. If there are problems they can be addressed there, instead of the customer being the beta tester. Both you and Bisque recommend the Icron hubs in your advertising/ forums. Maybe this is simplistic on my part, but there are quite a few others that are having problems similar to mine. Usb seems to be hit or miss, depending on your circumstance ( and is the reason that Astrophysics stays with rs 232, it works well). I will agree that when usb works, it is lightening fast compared to the old ethernet I used in the past.
    For now, I'm looking at trying to find a solution where I don't have to fork out additional $. A MMoag may be what I eventually resort to and dump the guided fw..........................Jerald