can't install sti on w7pro

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by micv, Dec 2, 2015.

1. micv

micv Standard User

hello,
    i have a problem to install/connect the sti camera to a new computer with W7 pro.
    this computer is on a remote location, then i try to install the sti by remote connection.
    - i have updated the driver the sbig driver checker64 (last release)
    - connect the sti directly to the computer (no hub)
    - the camera is in the manager system " sbig usb-64 camera with firmware"
    - with ccdsoft (lastest 5.0.218), select sti for autoguider, and when i try to connect : error code 1027(403)
    - with maxim dl 5 : with sbig universal driver, "could not initialise ccd camera(27)"
    -with ccdops 5.57 : "no camera could be found"

any idea to help me?

i don't use the original CD for installation just sbig driver checker64, is it the problem?
    i have already install others cameras (2 x stl11k), with sucess.
    thank you in advance
    regards
    michael

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We actually recommend downloading the very latest driver checker from our web site, rather than using the CD-ROM. http://www.sbig.com/support/software/ (Downloading this updates the driver checker itself, as well as the drivers, which in some cases is important.)

Error 27 means it can't find any SBIG hardware loaded, which suggests you should have a look at the Windows Device Manager, to see if it's installed correctly.

This could be a hardware issue. The ST-I requires a full power 500 mA USB connection. Make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the camera; it has thicker wires for the power pins. On occasion people have had to use a powered hub because their PC wasn't capable of supplying the full power specified in the USB standard.

3. micv

micv Standard User

hello doug,
    it is the latest driver checker.
    the camera appear correctly in the device manager without exclamation mark.
    and it is the correct usb cables directly connect to the PC.
    i will check if it is connected on usb 3 port , may be it is connected on usb2.
    thank you.

4. micv

micv Standard User

i confirm, it is connected to usb3 port directly on computer with correct cable and don't work...
    other idea?
    thank you.

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Try USB 2.0 port?

6. micv

micv Standard User

it's done, without sucess.
    camera is in device manager, but impossible to connect it with all softwares.

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member