Capture Software

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Peter Bresler, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Peter Bresler

Peter Bresler Cyanogen Customer

I just purchased a (slightly) used STF8300M with the filterwheel. My preference is to use Sharpcap or Sequence Generator Pro for image capture. I see that a free Maxim DL license is provided for purchases. Am I eligible for that, although would rather stay with above software. Is there a separate driver for the filter wheel?

Peter Bresler

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the SBIG Driver Checker and updated the drivers to the latest.
    Since you've bought the camera used, you may be missing things. If you go here:
    http://diffractionlimited.com/product/stf-8300/
    and scroll down to the Download tab, you'll find the SBIG Driver Checker, the free CCDops image capture program we provide, the manual, and other stuff.

SharpCap is primarily for video astronomy; the STF-8300 is a still image camera.
    SGP supports most SBIG cameras natively.

MaxIm LT is provided to new customers who bought new cameras from us or our authorized dealers starting last fall.
    MaxIm DL Pro has all the extras for equipment control, scripting, and support for automation.

The filter wheel is controlled by the camera driver - no separate driver needed.
    Have fun!

3. Peter Bresler

Peter Bresler Cyanogen Customer

Thanks for the info!