CCDOps for ST-237

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Thomas Smith, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Standard User

I'm trying to load CCDOps for my old ST-237 and downloaded the first item in the archive for parallel cameras. When I attempt to open the program I get a error message "program can't start because SBIGUDrv.dll is missing from computer. It suggests reloading, but the same error message appears when I reload and attempt to start.

Where do I go for the .dll file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Tom,
    please try the following:

1) Download and install SBIGUDrv.dll driver, i.e. DriverChecker64 v 3.11, B4 from the archive: http://www.sbig.com/support/software-archive/
    but do not use the "Download" button which would download the newest USB driver from SBIG web page.

2) I think, you could download and install the latest version of the CCDOPS version 5 from : http://www.sbig.com/support/software/
    The latest CCDOPS should work with the ST-237 camera.

Regards,
    Jan

3. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Standard User

Hi Jan,
    Thanks for the reply. So far no luck. Also, unless I miss-read, the version of CCDOPS version 5 appears to be for a usb camera. My ST-237 is a parallel camera. I'll continue to attempt the .dll driver installation.

Thanks again for your help,
    Tom

4. Jan Soldan

Tom,
    the most important thing is to install the latest LPT driver from sbig archive side.
    The latest CCDOPs should work with your camera, although it is not guaranted.
    If not, please try version 5.53, build 28 from the archive too.
    Jan

5. Jan Soldan

Tom,

I have also forgot to tell you, that your computer has to have a classical parallel connector, named Centronics or you have to use some PCMCIA parallel card.
    If you use some "USB to Parallel" cable convertor, this will never work, because the LPT cameras are directly controlled via few wires, which are not available
    if the cable convertor is used.

Furthermore, if you use Window 7 or 8, you could install the SBIGUDrv.dll driver as administrator. In this case, right mouse click when cursor is over the
    DriverChecker64.exe icon and select "Run as Administrator".

If you have any problem, please let us know.
    Jan