CCDOps Installation Problems

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by jsatl, May 23, 2016.

1. jsatl

jsatl Standard User

Hello,

I just installed CCDOps this past weekend (5/21/2016) using the version installed on your website (InstOps.exe) but it won't start. The screen message says: "The program can't start because SBIGUDrv.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
    When I reinstall the same message occurs.
    Can you please let me know what to do?

Thanks.

2. jsatl

jsatl Standard User

Hello,

I just installed CCDOps this past weekend (5/21/2016) using the version installed on your website (InstOps.exe) but it won't start. The screen message says: "The program can't start because SBIGUDrv.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Thanks.

3. jsatl

jsatl Standard User

Hello,

Thanks.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hi, you need to go get the SBIG Driver Checker program, install that first, then use it to install the device drivers for your camera on the PC. You can find it as the first program listed here:
    https://www.sbig.com/support/software/
    It has instructions that should be followed closely, on how to get the latest drivers downloaded and installed.
    If you are still stuck after doing that, tell us which camera you have, how it is connected, and which version of Windows (e.g. 7 64bit).
    Have fun and enjoy the new camera!

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

6. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Did you install and run the driver checker as well?

SBIG Driver Checker

The SBIG Driver Checker installs and updates the drivers required to operate SBIG USB and Ethernet cameras on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems.

• Download the SBIG Driver Checker Installer

Once the SBIG Driver Checker is installed, run it to install the drivers. Also run it periodically to download the latest driver updates and install them.
      Important Note: If you need to update your camera firmware, we strongly recommend downloading the latest SBIG Driver Checker rather than using the Update button. Some improvements have been made to the firmware installation process.
    • For software and drivers for out-of-production serial and parallel port based cameras, please visit our Software Archive page.

CCDOps Version 5

CCDOPS is a free program that operates USB based SBIG cameras.

• CCDOps Version 5 for WindowsCCDOps for Windows includes PlanetMaster, Auto Grab, Color Grab, Dual-CCD View, AO Support, etc. In addition it includes tri-color and single shot color merge functions.

Important: You should update your drivers anytime you update CCDOps. Run the SBIG Driver Checker and click Update.View the Readme file describing recent changes to CCDOps.
      Download the CCDOps Version 5 Installer for Windows.

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Merged three duplicate threads.

8. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Happy Victoria Day, Doug!

9. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Thanks, and likewise!

10. Paul K

Paul K Standard User

I got a new laptop which has Windows 10 on it. CCPops won't work so I downloaded the most recent version but it won't install because it has a more recent version of the Visual Studio 2010 redistributable. Even if I go to Microsoft if I get a 2010 redistributable from there it probably won't be old enough. Help please.

11. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Paul,
    I think if you run SbigDriverChecker, this should install all the necessary files, i.e. sbig driver including requested MS windows redistributable libraries.
    Jan

12. Paul K

Paul K Standard User

I think you are right because that is what I did, I got the error message, but it looks like it installed anyway.