CCDOps unable to establish communication link between STXL 11002 and PC

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Bruce Turner, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Bruce Turner

Bruce Turner Cyanogen Customer

I loaded CCDOps and the DriverChecker64 from the CD that came with the camera. The Device Manager shows the SBIG USB Devices Icon and on the drop down menu "SBIG USB Camera With Firmware" when connected to the camera but when I try to establish the Com link via CCDops I get a "No camera could be found" response. Misc / Graphics/Comm Setup set to USB. Camera status LED flickers on power up then glows continuously and the bottom row LEDs are off except the Volts OK green LED. I uninstalled the CCDOps and DriverChecker64 software and downloaded it from the SBIG website but same story. Not sure if it is my Dell XPS 13 computer on Windows 8.1 or the STXL, but something is not right. Thoughts? Bruce

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

If you're connected to the camera via a USB hub, try removing it from the equation. Other suggestions: try another USB cable, and make sure you're running the most recent drivers/firmware.

3. Bruce Turner

Bruce Turner Cyanogen Customer

Adam, I took the SBIG STXL 11002 to an observing session tonight and a fellow member using 32 Bit PC and Windows Vista downloaded the DriverChecker64 from the CD that came with the camera and connected to the camera via Maxim with no problems. We ran the cooler and took exposures with the main and the guiding CCD with no issues. Later I tried again to connect my Dell XPS 9343 64Bit computer to the camera via Maxim DL6 without success - returned a Code 27. Any solutions come to mind? Regards, Bruce

4. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Always check your connections first, and make sure the camera is registered by Windows. Try a few different USB ports. Next, make sure you're running the latest version of SBIGUDrv (always make sure you're running the latest version from sbig.com, since the CD-ROM supplied with your camera can be out of date, and missing vital fixes). Shy of that, I'm not sure.