CFW 8 alignment pin broken

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Michael Rodruck, May 2, 2024.

1. Michael Rodruck

Michael Rodruck Standard User

The alignment pin on my CFW 8 filter wheel sheared off, on both ends. Is there a fix for this? I'm thinking about trying to glue the broken pieces back together, but that seems very impractical. Is there a way to instead pull or drill the rest of the pin out? Does the black pedestal the pin was in come out? Maybe that can be pulled out and a new metal pin can be inserted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Michael Rodruck

Michael Rodruck Standard User

Any thoughts on this? I'd like to be able to keep using the filter wheel if possible.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Your CFW8 is over two decades old - old enough that we don't have all the records (or at least not in a modern software format that we can read).

If I had to guess, if you had another pin and a suitable press, you might be able to push out the old pin by pressing in a new one.

I don't have access to the Bill of Materials so I can't even tell you the part number for the pin. You might be able to find something suitable on https://www.mcmaster.com/