CFW9 Filter Selection

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by Mike Hambrick, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Mike Hambrick

Mike Hambrick Cyanogen Customer

I currently own a CFW9 that is attached to my ST2000-XM Camera. The Filter Wheel is equipped with red, green, blue, clear, and lunar filters. All are 1.25 inch. Is it possible to replace the lunar filter with a luminescence filter, or do I need to buy a whole set of LRGB filters ?

2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

3. Mike Hambrick

Hi Tim

I borrowed a 1.25" Lumninescence filter and installed it in my CFW9 in place of the Lunar filter that came with the filter wheel, but when I went to the filter setup in CCDOps and changed the description of the filter in that position, it did not save my changes. Is there somewhere else I need to go to do that ?

Also, I noticed when I was replacing the Lunar filter that it was in the #4 position in the filter wheel, but in the filter wheel menu, it stated that the #4 filter position was the clear (no filter). I verified this by watching the position of the filter wheel when I selected the different filters. Is this a mistake from the original setup. The CFW9 still has the same menu of filters that it came with when I purchased it.

4. Mike Hambrick

I have a CFW9 that came with Red, Green, Blue, Clear (no filter), and Lunar filters. I want to try LRGB imaging instead of LRG, and I borrowed a 1.25" Lumninescence filter and installed it in my CFW9 in place of the Lunar filter that came with the filter wheel. When I went to the filter setup in CCDOps and to change the description of the filter in that position, it did not save my changes. Is there somewhere else I need to go to do that ?

Also, I noticed when I was replacing the Lunar filter that it was in the #4 position in the filter wheel, but in the filter wheel menu, it stated that the #4 filter position was the clear (no filter). I verified this by watching the position of the filter wheel when I selected the different filters. Could this have been a mistake from the original setup ? This is the original filter menu that came with the CFW9 when I purchased it.

5. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

6. Mike Hambrick

Thanks Tim. That did it.

Is it also safe to assume that I should assign the filter positions in the setup menu according to their physical position in the filter ? I suppose that this means that all of the "clear" images that I have taken have in reality been through the Lunar filter.

7. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

You need to enter the filters as they are in their physical positions.