Communications Issue

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Michiel Ford, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Michiel Ford

Michiel Ford Cyanogen Customer

I have the STX 16803 camera with AOX and filter wheel on a CDK 24" scope. I opened Maxim DL Pro to connect and I get the following error messages: Could not initialize guider output. Please check guider settings; THEN the next message reads: Camera 2 failed to open. Could not initialize CCD camera (1). I have communications with the scope and can operate it. Everything is hooked up to a 4 output USB hub. All four lights are ON, which means something is communicating. I have replaced USB cables, turned everything on and off, check the software updates, etc. Nothing seems to want to work!!!

Thank you for anything you can suggest!! I have a CLEAR NIGHT for the first time in WEEKS!!!

OK, just went to SBIG Drivers 64 bit. All drivers are up to date, BUT, when I looked at FIRMWARE, nothing is there. I have the STX utility on my desktop, but need to know how to reload and store the firmwear!!!

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

It's not your firmware. Firmware will show nothing there IF it cannot connect to the camera.
    It's the camera not being seen by Windows.
    Check the Windows Device Manager.
    We also recommend that the camera be on its own dedicated USB cable and port on the PC.
    Also, make sure you are not running the SBIG Driver Checker and MaxIm at the same time - the camera can only be connected to by 1 program at a time.

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

What guide camera are you using? The STX 16803 internal one? If yes, do you have "Dual Chip Mode" turned on, and no camera selected for camera 2?