Conflicting Image Size

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by clupus, Oct 8, 2018.

1. clupus

clupus Standard User

I'm trying to process some images in Pixinsight and I've run into differences in the size of my Lights and Master Dark and Master Superbias.

The Lights, Darks and Bias images were all taken on the same night with the same set-up minutes apart but the Lights turned out a different size.

The Lights are 3,352 by 2,532. The Master Darks and Master SuperBias images are both 1676 x 1266. I didn't notice this until I trying Integration (Stacking) of the Lights and that failed.

I'd appreciate any help on this situation. I've obviously done something incorrectly but I can't figure out what it might be.

Hank
    C11" STC. SBIG8300C

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Apparently you had binning set to 2 for the dark and bias images.

3. clupus

clupus Standard User

Thanks, Doug,

I thought that I had binning set to 2 for all of the images. I guess my age is starting to show.

So, provided the settings are the same for all images, I shouldn't have this problem again - correct?

Is there any way to change the Lights or am I stuck and have to repeat the imaging?

Hank

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You might be able to software-bin the images. I don't know what software you are using for processing, but there is a Bin 2x2 command in MaxIm DL.