Resolved coupling the FWG8-STT with AO-8T

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by stefano pesci, Jul 8, 2018.

1. stefano pesci

stefano pesci Cyanogen Customer

Hi Doug,

I need to couple my STT3200+FWG8-STT with a recently bought AO-8T and couldn't find the instruction for my equipment (manuals specify only the old filter wheels).

Can you help? do you have an instruction sheet for my equipment?

Thanks stefano

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. D Simpson

D Simpson Cyanogen Customer

Hi Doug,
    I'm in the same boat as the original poster, I have a STT8300/FW8G-STT combination and would like to add on an AO-8T. The product manual listed at the link you provided is for the AO-8. It does not have any information regarding using the AO-8T accessory plate or mounting the AO-8T to an FW8G-STT.

My question is do I mount the AO-8T to the camera body and the FW8G-STT to the AO-8T or the reverse? Most of the configurations show the filterwheel mounted to the camera and the AO-8T mounted to the filterwheel. Not sure how that would work given the uneven configuration of the front plate of the FW8G-STT.
    Thanks,
    Dan

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You should mount the AO-8 in front of the FW8G filter wheel. That way the guide sensor is behind the AO-8, which is mandatory for correct operation.

Make sure your AO-8 has the front plate shown here:

http://diffractionlimited.com/product/ao-8t-cover-plate/

This will fit correctly on the front of the FW8G filter wheel.

5. D Simpson

D Simpson Cyanogen Customer

Thanks Doug