Dead STi

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Martin Pugh, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

As luck would have it, I have another camera that appears to have died on me overnight.

Its an STi guider and I can see the camera in Device Manager and I can connect to it and I can confirm the shutter is not being energized i.e it is not opening and closing. I actually, manually moved the shutter out of the way, but I am still only getting about 100 ADU from a light frame, so it looks like more than just a shutter issue.
    If its any clue at all, the little green power light on the camera is not illuminated.

The camera SN is 12584.

Any quick fixes?
    Martin

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Some of the ST-I have a small round magnet on the shutter that becomes detached. Can you check if it's still there?

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If the green LED does not illuminate, then there may be a power supply fault.

4. Martin Pugh

The magnet is in tact, but still, it would not explain the same ADU value whether the shutter was closed or open.
    Doug...power supply? Its USB powered. Tried it on 2 different PCs now, different USB ports and 3 different USB cables.

I really need this guider back in action. Can this be repaired?

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I'm talking about the internal power supply. It has switching converters inside to create different required voltages.

Yes it can be repaired by Bill.

6. Martin Pugh

Ok. RMA please? Is that S/N under warranty?

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I wasn't able to find that serial number. We stopped selling ST-i a couple of years ago, so almost all of them are out of warranty.

Please contact @Bill for RMA.