Deer Lick Group

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by Wannaberocker, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Wannaberocker

Wannaberocker Cyanogen Customer

DeerLick Group.jpg Hello, I was testing out my new Paramount MyT with my friend's Mallincam VRC-10. I used the SBIG STT-8300+FW8G-STT+AO-8T guided at about 7.2 Hz. I love this stuff! I used TSX for acquisition, I used to use MaxIm DL but the guider calibration is hit or miss and just seems to work everytime in TSX. There are some slight optical distortions I think near the corners, but my new AG Optical iDK-10 will fix that hopefully!

This is only 3x 900" RGB with 3x 600" Lum with my new Astrodon filters. Thanks for looking.

artem and Iaffaldano Giuseppe C like this.
  2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Nice shot. I've always liked that field.

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Guider calibration etc is woeking much better in 6.14 beta 10+beta11 patch. Ypu might want to upgrade.
    Nice shot!

4. Iaffaldano Giuseppe C

Iaffaldano Giuseppe C Cyanogen Customer

Great shot....; Colin why the guider calibration is better with the new ver? also the guide is better?

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Carmine, Felice Anno Nuovo !
    Many improvements were made to guiding. Some users, like me, had problems and worked with Owen and Adam to track down and reproduce the issues.
    They spent months on this, and made many improvements.
    If you've had problems, consider upgrading.
    Some of the areas they worked on:
    Guider calibration sometimes did not calculate movement correctly, and so instead of getting an L shape for X and Y movement, it would be incorrect. It wouldn't always return to the initial position.
    Sometimes a guide star would be picked too close to an edge, and could be lost.
    The "Guide Star Faded" message was resolved - sometimes the guide star was still in the frame, and visible, but the old version thought it was gone - a mathematical error.
    They also fixed multi-star guiding, so that it would pick up to 10 stars in the field for guiding. Multi-star never worked. It works well now.

6. Iaffaldano Giuseppe C

Iaffaldano Giuseppe C Cyanogen Customer

All right.... even if i have never the problem of star faded with the older ver.; this problem can happen with not suitable darks and without smoothing filter. My best wishes of happy new year full of great images.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  7. artem

artem Guest

Nice shot.