Demo license worked for a day

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Chmielski, May 4, 2017.

1. Chmielski

Chmielski Cyanogen Customer

Same problem as many others on this forum -- I installed the MaximDl 6.13 yesterday and loaded the license as per instructions. The software worked fine last night, but when I tried to load it today, I get the "license has expired" error message. The expiry date is 6/1. Reloading the license gives me the error "cannot load a second demo license" or something similar. The date and time on my computer are correct -- 5/3/2017, so I'm not sure what happened or how to fix it. Please help!

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

That "same problem" you are referring to is almost always caused by users changing the time/date on their computers if even for a second. This will trigger deactivation of the demo.

I will send you a "one-time" demo extension for another 30-days.

3. Chmielski

Chmielski Cyanogen Customer

Thanks Tim,

The new license works great and I'm looking forward to trying the demo out this weekend (provided we get some clear skies here in "sunny" northern California). Just to be clear, I didn't intentionally change the time or date on my system before the license deactivated. It's a fairly new laptop, so maybe a Windows update or some other software install messed with the system time enough to deactivate the demo. In any case, thanks for the prompt help.