Download speed STT-8300M

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by DEnc, Aug 16, 2016.

1. DEnc

DEnc Standard User

I purchased an STT-8300M a few months ago and I haven’t achieved the fast download speed that’s advertised. I’m hanging for the 8 second download in CCDOps ver5. How to correct this?

WIN10 box

DriverChecker64 indicates I have these versions:--

sbigudrv.dll 4.94 Build 1 8/4/2016
    sbigu64.sys 2.41.0.1338 1/27/2015
    sbigpcam.hex 2.46 1/27/2015
    sbiglcam.hex 2.2 1/27/2015
    sbigfcam.hex 2.25 1/27/2015
    sbigfga.bin 2004.11.10 1/27/2015

Thanks!

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I'm another customer, and have been considering buying a newer SBIG camera and am curious - are you using USB 2.0 or Ethernet connections? Do you have any hubs or is the camera connected to a dedicated port with a short cable? Does it perform better on the workbench than in your normal setup? Have you tried a different USB cable?
    Are there other USB devices on the same bus? e.g. using USBView or USBDeview to check all are hispeed or superspeed devices on same USB segment. What about the specs of your PC - is it an i7 or i3 or what and how fast?

3. DEnc

DEnc Standard User

I'm concerned my thread will go astray if I reply to this; hopefully you'll get the answers from the manufacturer instead:--

SBIG/Diffraction Limited:

Could you please let me know what configuration is required for the faster downloads. Consider the prior post: USB3, PC/Laptop speeds, etc. Also, what can limit the transfer?

I'd like to know!

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The interface is USB 2.0.

Make sure you are using a good quality cable, such as the one that came with the camera, avoid using USB hubs, and avoid plugging into the front USB jack on a desktop computer (they are compromised by the internal wiring).

Run the SBIGDriverChecker, click Debug Log, and make sure everything is turned OFF. If turned on, the logging feature will really slow down the interface.

5. DEnc

DEnc Standard User

That's it! (Debug log.) As usual with the answer in hand it seems it should have been obvious.

Thank you Sir.

David