"ERROR: camera not initialized (USB)"

Discussion in 'STC Series CMOS' started by Ian H., May 9, 2021.

1. Brian Brown

Brian Brown Staff Member

Another thought: If the Drive was not properly calibrated and the problem image required a bump then that could cause some sudden and unexpected tracking behavior.

- Brian

2. Ian H.

Ian H. Standard User

And attaching the log in case it's of use.
    So

Sorry Brian - - I should have explained that image: Test 2-0773L.fit is a single unguided 50 second exposure - - neither the SC-2 or the AO-8A were engaged for that one. I just included it for comparison to the other image, made while the AO-8A was engaged.

Attached Files:

3. Ian H.

Ian H. Standard User

And yes, let's schedule something - - tomorrow and Monday don't really work for me, but I'll try to accommodate anything on any other day - - except for between 12 and 1:30 or so, when I have regular standing meetings. Please let me know if I need to set up everything including the mount, or just the connection to the three components.

4. Brian Brown

Brian Brown Staff Member

We can try for something next week then. Tuesday or later works for me, though I am generally unavailable on Friday evenings for remote sessions. My timezone is EDT (UTC-4:00).

- Brian

5. Ian H.

Ian H. Standard User

Tuesday should work. I can do anytime after 5 pm, or I might be able to do something between 2 and 5. And it looks like we're in the same time zone. (I'm near Toronto.)

6. Brian Brown

Brian Brown Staff Member

Alright I'll schedule it for Tuesday, assuming good weather. We can start whenever it gets dark enough to field test, probably around 9 pm.

- Brian.

7. Ian H.

Ian H. Standard User

Looks like the weather will co-operate tonight, at least until 11:00 or so, which should give us enough time. I will try to set up for 8:00, so we can begin as soon as it's dark. And I tried again last night, but no joy. Neither the SC2 nor the AO-8A could locate stars - - I thought maybe it was a focus issue, but it had been correctly focused the last time I tested it. Anyway it didn't work. And I was imaging the Pleiades, so there were tons of stars to choose from.

Let me know how we'll communicate, whether through this chat or phone call, etc..