"Error reading setup installation file"

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Renae, May 30, 2019.

1. Renae

Renae Standard User

Hi--

I downloaded the demo software (MaximDL620) about a week ago and have a license email confirmation. When I try to install the software (Windows 10), I get:

"Error reading setup installation file"

I have re-downloaded the software several times (following the link in the temporary licensing email) with exactly the same result. I'm one week into my demo and haven't been able to access Maxim DL. I want to switch to Maxim DL from SGP on the recommendation of George at Astro-Physics, but I can't even see the software. It's a bit tough to lay out $500 for it without even knowing if it will open/operate on my computer.

I'm sure it's just some setting, but I am stuck. Please help.

Renae

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Clear you browser cache and download it again. The file is probably corrupted.

A leas likely possibility is an old file in your TEMP folder. Delete all leftover files in there. (To find open command prompt and type “set temp”)

3. Renae

Renae Standard User

I tried those without luck, and re-downloaded a couple more times. Still didn’t work.

I started to wonder if it weren’t some issue with downloading painfully slowly through a tethered connection, and ended up loading the files at home to a USB and bringing it out to the observatory. It ran first time without any issues. Anyway, I’m on board and I still have 22 days to figure out if it’s going to work for me. So far the camera connection is working well.

Thanks.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If you run out of time, we can send you an extension license.