Eskimo NGC2392 ... more info

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Mar 4, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

The image is the same , but I added some info the 'Details' of the JPG to explain what I did with Eskimo a little better .x

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a TeleVue 4XPowerMate for an effect of 4800mmFL ...using a BreakThrough X4-UV 49mm filter with 48-49mm stepup ring , using a CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified for UV-IR @ Hutech . An Astro-Physics 1200GTO Mount was used at 1xSiderealGuideRate and 11second 'guiding' exposures at Bin2 with a ZWOASI120MC-S(ASCOM Driver) because the stars were small . RAWMonochrome Autosave images were taken for 30 seconds each ... four ISO800 and four ISO1600 , twelve ISO3200 , twelve ISO6400 , twelve ISO12800 , and twelve ISO25600 images with a 'Delay between of 30 seconds ' thru MaximDL Pro V6.20 . I did a "BatchProcess" command using 'Calibrate' , "ConvertColor-Scaling 70-Red 80-Green 90-Blue and Auto for Background" , "Make Pixels Square" . "KernalFilter-Median5x5" , "KernalFilter-Low-Pass" , "Resize- 3.72microns to 6.5microns" , "Make Pixels Square" , 'Bin2' and "SaveAs.. - IEEEFloat" with the 'Save result in - New' option . Before I did these images on Sunday nite March 1st 2020 , during the daytime I started with ISO25600 for 'flat' frames using a PinkShirt over the dew-shield for a pinkish color .. because the Internet said red-green-blue pixels can see this color easier so each color gets some content in it's pixels for a 'flat' frame .... I looked at the 'screen-stretch' Histogram and the data wasn't clipped on the right side for brightness using ' .01 seconds ' at ISO25600 ... so I did four 'flats . This worked for ISO12800 , and ISO6400 . But , ISO3200 , ISO1600 , ISO800 , and ISO200 needed ' .05 seconds ' to get enough data to the right in the 'screen-stretch' Histogram area . After that I did the 'dark' frames for each ISO for four frames each and then the 'bias' frames the same way . But when I checked each ISO 'flat' , 'dark' , and 'bias' for the Standard Deviation with the 'Infomation' window set to 'Area' ... the 'bias' and 'dark' frames were the same 'StdDev' and the 'flat' frames were much higher in 'StdDev' amounts . An example is if the 'StdDev' is ' 10 ' for the 'bias' you would use in the "Set Calibration" command for 'Advanced' where the 'Advance Calibration' settings are and the 'Pedestal' setting is loacated and you could enter at least ' 30 ' for three times the 'StdDev' and make sure all the 'check-boxes' are 'checked' and press OK to close the window . I did a 'bias' with four frames for an ISO I was working on and that was OK for the BIASMaster using Average . But when I did the 'dark' frames to make a DarkMaster with the same 'Pedestal' setting as the 'bias' frames ... I looked at the DARKMaster in the MaximDL Pro 'buffer' window and the 'screen-stretch' Histogram showed the data being clipped in the left side for the darkness area so this is probably wrong , so I re-did the 'dark' frames with a 'Pedestal' setting of ' 100 ' and then the data in the DarkMaster frame wasn't being clipped and the BIASMaster was being used . Then I did the four 'flat' frames using the BIASMaster and DARKMaster frames and I set the 'Pedestal' for over three times the highest 'StdDev' in any of the 'flat' frames and that worked OK . Some higher ISO's have alot higher 'StdDev' for the 'bias' frames and 'dark' frames where you will need to use values in the hundreds with the 'dark' frames needing about twice the amount as the 'bias' frames need . { After I got them all done I used the 'Move' command to move the BIASMaster of an ISO Folder to the ISO200 Folder and the DARKMaster of an ISO Folder to the ISO800 Folder and the FLATMaster of each ISO Folder to the ISO1600 Folder and I used in the "Set Calibration" command for 'Source Folder' and loacated the ISO200 Folder and then I used the 'Auto-Generate(Keep Old)' option and I pressed it to enter the BIASMasters in to the 'Calibration Groups' section and down the list toward the end is the ISO200 'bias-dark-flat' frames that you tap on one and press the 'Remove Group' button so they aren't in with the BIASMasters ... then for 'Source Folder' again I selected the ISO800 Folder and I pressed the 'Auto-Generate(Keep Old) button and all the BIASMasters remain and the DARKMasters are entered in also and down near the bottom are the ISO800 'bias-dark-flat' frames and you use the 'Remove Group' button to remove them , .... then I used the 'Source Folder' to locate the ISO1600 Folder and then the 'Auto-Generate(Keep Old) button and the FLATMasters are entered into the bottom of the list and you use the 'Remove Group' button on the ISO1600 'bias-dark-flat' frames that aren't needed so that all the Masters frames are in the 'Calibration Groups' area and I tapped on a FLATMaster and the option for 'Flat Norm.' is active and I used the 'Bayer Planes' option and then press 'OK' to close the Set Calibration window and then ..... 'open' the "Configurations..." window and press the 'Save current configuration as' .Save' button and the "Set Calibration" data will be saved . I tried putting all the Masters into one Folder I made but they won't 'Auto-Generate' so the above mentioned is working instead . } . When I stacked the 'batchprocessed' images with ISO800 and ISO1600 together using 'Auto-star matching' and 'Sum' ... I used the "DoubleSize" command and then the "Make PIxels Square" command and then I used the "ColorBalance" command and 'left-clicked' on the whitest star and then pressed the Auto Background button and then the OK button to close the command . I then used the "Half Size" command which works like a Bin2 and then I did "Make Pixels Square" and then the "PinPoint Astrometry-GSC Catalog" and then the "Save As.." IEEEFloat , this ISO800-ISO1600 FITS was done . I then did the same things separately to the ISO3200 , ISO6400 , ISO12800 , and the ISO25600 Foldered images till they were all done , too . I then 'opened' the "Stack" command and I 'opened' each ISO Folder , one after the other till I had all the ISO FITS stacked images ready to be 'Astrometric' Sum stacked ... and then I pressed the 'Go' button to 'Combine them . I did a "Save As..." IEEEFloat with info added to the Header and then I put the 'screen-stretch' window to Max-Val and then I used the "Histogram Specification" command with the 'Gaussian' radio button option and then I put the green 'carot' all the way to the right in the 'screen-stretch' window and I used the red 'carot' to darken the image and make the background dark and reddish blotches removed and then I pressed the OK button to close the command . After that I used the "Kernal Filter-Axerage7x7 to smooth the brightest star with PixelRestrictions and pressed OK ; ... and then again with the Kernal Filter-HighPass-More , LowPass , Average5x5 , and HighPass-More with PixelsRestrictions for the Eskimo's 'center' star area and pressed OK to sharpen the Eskimo's center star area ... . And this is the result . The FITS image will "PinPoint Astrometry" 'USNO-A2' solve .x

Attached Files: