Existing order?

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by marc4darkskies, Oct 13, 2014.

1. marc4darkskies

marc4darkskies Standard User

Hi,

I placed an order for an STXL, FW8G and AO-X package nearly 2 months before the take over announcement. Can you please give me some idea what delivery delay I should expect as a result of the transition?

Kind Regards,
    Marcus Davies
    Sydney, Australia

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Did you place this order through a dealer? If so we'll need to know which one.

3. marc4darkskies

Hi Doug,

Yes, Advanced Telescope Supplies in Sydney.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You should contact your dealer. We have no information on any in-house inventory or delivery queue that they may have. That said, I suspect their answer will be that they are waiting on us.

If that is the case, then I have to apologize for the unacceptably slow delivery. We have a shortfall on that particular camera model, and it will be about 8 weeks before we will have more available. We are doing everything we can to accelerate the build, but we are waiting on some long leadtime parts.

5. marc4darkskies

Thanks for the response Doug. I appreciate the transitional difficulties you may have but it's concerning that no-one can put their finger on my order to tell me where it is in the queue. I did communicate with the dealer and he has not been able to get any concrete information on my order either from Singapore.

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

FYI, the STXL cameras are built in North America.

Assuming the order we have from your dealer is indeed your camera, you are #5 in the queue.

7. marc4darkskies

Order arrived on Friday. Very happy! Just waiting on the filters now, they were somehow overlooked ... Dealer is chasing this up.

Regards Marcus.

8. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I've already looked into this. Aplegen made a mistake entering your order, and it's one of the ones that they handed over to us unfilled. Due to that original error we had no record that filters were ever ordered. We've now got confirmation from your dealer and it should be sorted out shortly.

9. marc4darkskies

Much appreciated. Thanks Doug!