Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud Firmware and Driver updates for STXL Series Cameras

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Martin Pugh, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

Hello

Is the latest firmware and driver update for the STXL series of cameras complementary? I have not yet used the STXL16200 and FW8G STXL together yet successfully (as I could not get the guider to work previously). However, now that I am back in Australia, I have attached the camera/FW to a scope and am getting ready to test, but wanted to know about the firmware/driver relationship.

thanks
    martin

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The latest STXL firmware is 2.51, which was released in January. You do not need to upgrade the firmware to use the latest driver.

That said, I do recommend installing it because it fixes a bug that could cause the camera to lock up.

Take all due care when upgrading the firmware. Install the latest driver checker instead of using the Update feature; this will update the driver checker itself. Don't interrupt the process even if the program looks unresponsive, because this will brick the camera.

3. astroava

astroava Standard User

Hello.

A week ago we updated the driver and firmware of our STXL-11002M FW8-G and since that moment the auto guiding gives us an error. We can start guiding as always, but when the main camera starts to take images the guiding camera looses the signal. It seems like if the guiding shooter remains closed. When we stop the process we can start guiding again. And we again loose the guiding at the moment we connect the main CCD.

We know that the guiding CCD is working because we can see it's hot pixels in its correct place. But it is a dark picture.

It seems to be we have a problem with the new firmware.

Please, how can we repair it?

Thanks