FW5-8300 working problem

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by qbanos, Apr 2, 2015.

1. qbanos

qbanos Standard User

Hello,

I have just purchased a second hand SBIG STF8300 together with the filter wheel FW5-8300. I installed SBIGDriverChecker64 and the newest drivers, connected the cables and set up the camera.

The camera works fine, but I have a problem with the filter wheel, which doesn't react when I try to change a filter or do any other kind of movement. As if it was dead. I've tried to select different types of filter wheels both in CCDOps, as well as in MaximDL 5.15 but with no success.

The guy who sold me the filter wheel, before he send it to me, took a short movie showing that the filter wheel works. One thing I noticed is that he selects "FW5-8300" in CCDOps, whereaas I don't even have this position to select in my software. I only have "FW5-STF" and "FW5-STF (detent)" in CCDOps, and nothing saying "STF" in MaximDL (only old CFW-...).

Am I lacking some kind of driver? Could you help with this issue?

Thanks a lot,

Jacob

2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Jacob,

I would download and try the current version of CCDOPS.
    ftp://ftp.sbig.com/pub/InstOps.exe
    The revision history states the below was added.

• Changes made through 5.55 Build 34
    • Added support for fast 5 position filter wheel with detents for STF cameras.​
    Feel free to call or Skype if I can help you.

Regards
    Tim

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Have you ever plugged anything into the I2C connector prior to this? Was the camera de-energized when the FW was connected? There is a fuse on the I2C board that blows pretty easily when the FW gets "hot plugged".

4. galaxy45

galaxy45 Standard User

Hi Tim,
    The link doesn't work?

5. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

6. galaxy45

galaxy45 Standard User

Well, good news! the sbig connect to ccdops after installed the latest ccdops, in maxim is not running the same luck! I get a error(5). On ccdsoft I still need the newest update.