FW7-STX spinning merrily

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by mike shade, Sep 5, 2023.

1. mike shade

mike shade Cyanogen Customer

So the filter wheel is doing it's spinning and not finding filters...again AC4040/FW&-STX. It was doing this some months ago, filter wheel back for board replacement...seems to have fixed problem...have been shutdown for monsoon here, everything was unplugged and disconnected. Started everything up, and it is having trouble again (there were NO lightning strikes). Will go from lum (slot 1) to slot 5(ubvri) and spin...will stop and make a grrrr sound, and then start spinning again. Filters in slots 1-5 (lum, red, green, blue, ubvri). I just added a filter in slot 5. I have added this filter

Colin sent me an e-mail about a new firmware upgrade, I have NOT installed that as system is just now back up and running. Has this firmware fixed this problem?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Yes Mike, this firmware update has fixed the problem for all people who installed it.

3. mike shade

OK. I have installed it...it seems to fixed the problem but I only have a little testing. I may be shutting down again, monsoon seems to be coming back.

Thanks,

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Sorry to hear about the weather... usually it ends sometime mid September, doesn't it?

5. mike shade

It is supposed to...We have had virtually no rain this monsoon, well under 1" in July and August. That is dry even for us. We have had clouds and lightning though...