Guide Exposure Question

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Mark de Regt, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Mark de Regt

Mark de Regt Cyanogen Customer

It seems that my system (STX-16803/STX Guider/AO-X) always chooses the same, minimum guide exposure for the AO, regardless of how bright the guide star is. This leads to problems, obviously, since I typically image three targets during the night, and will have different guide starts of different brightness over the course of the night.

I would expect the system to adjust the guide exposure so that it is consistently above the minimum SNR level set, but as fast as it can be given that.

But that's not what seems to be happening.

Is there a setting I've missed, telling the system to determine the guide exposure length?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  2. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    If this is the ACP issue we’re working, then it is ACP that is setting the exposure length based on the star brightness and the minimum SNR setting in ACP. Let us know if this is the same problem and if so I will give more detail.

3. Mark de Regt

Mark de Regt Cyanogen Customer

Yes, this is the same issue (just I don't know whether it's an ACP issue or a Maxim issue).

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

If ACP is driving MaxIm, it's the boss making the decisions. MaxIm is supposed to just do what it is told.