Guiding with ST i and imaging ST 8300

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by Tetzu sashida, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Tetzu sashida

Tetzu sashida Standard User

Hello I am trying to use my ST8300 and the STi guider kit but it does not take both cameras in the same program, it only use one or the other, how can I use both of them the image grabber ST 8300 and the guiding camera ST I?

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

3. Wilfrid Ouellet

Wilfrid Ouellet Standard User

Hello Tetzu, I have the same cameras and I use two computers: an old one for guiding and the newer for Imaging. Software is CCDops.

4. Tetzu sashida

Tetzu sashida Standard User

Thank you Wilfrid, that is what I will do, I already have the CCDops, and the SkyX and beginning to understand the use of them,

5. GlennS

GlennS Cyanogen Customer

Using Maxim will allow you to Image and guide at the same time. Maxim also allows you to take sequences of images (if you have a color wheel, you will need to take sets of images through multiple filters), and has many image proceeding tools.

6. wtconner

wtconner Standard User

I use the SkyX for imaging and guiding as it will handle both cameras. You do have to pay for the camera add-on however.
    Bill

7. Mike Hambrick

Mike Hambrick Cyanogen Customer

You have probably resolved this issue by now, but since I did not see this particular solution in any of the previous replies, I thought that I would add that with the CCDOps software you can open a second session of CCDOps. You can run the ST8300 from the first session and the ST-I froom the second.

From the menu bar select File - Launch 2nd CCDOps. and the second (or alternate) session will open. I have a ST2000 and a ST-i, and I will first start CCDOps and establish the Com-link to the ST2000 before I launch the second session. When I use the establish Com-link command from the second session, it will connect with the ST-i.

I have the same objective as you; I will use the ST2000 for imaging and the ST-i for guiding. I have other issues right now with the ST-I (will not work with my old mount for guiding), but the dual CCDOps concept is working fine. I can independently control both cameras.

God luck, Mike