Helix with some problems

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Dec 3, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Two jpgs showing a mishap that can be corrected in "ImagesPLus" … the darkened image was fixed and the 'donut of light' is the previous one.
    Canon EOSII Rebel T7i 'modified by Hutech' thru a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for 950mm F/L using a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare 1200mmFL) , two different filters were used.. Lumicon Minus-Violet as two of them together for 16-CR2.s 'stacked' with 22-CR2.s using a Baader UV-IR Cut-Off filter and put together in MaximDL Pro V6.16 as Sum-Combine after a "BatchProcess" on each image and after that 'Auto Flatten Background' which removed a haze on the 'object' but puts it to the outer edge areas and looks like a donut..!!.? . Next, I put the FITS image into "ImagesPlus" and I tried varius command to show the 'nebula' a much as possible ... but the outer 'faze' was over-whelming so I tried finally the 'ProcessHistory' option after applying 'MicroCurves' a slight amount and in the 'ProcessHistory' is a 'Mask' button and you press it and a page appears that is white inside with about 16 'red' dots and you pull the corner dots away to the outer edge which stretches it and then in the 'middle' area there are 4 'red' dots and you move them inward a little bit towards each other and then you slide the slider to darken the 'center' area which will keep the 'nebula from getting worked on and then with the 'MicroCurves' lower 'red' dot you move it downward to darken the area that is in the outer 'whiter' 'red' dot area which should darken the over-glow around the image ... if you see it's working then you can cllose all the commands and 'Save As..' the image and then close it from the "ImagesPLus" buffer and then 'open' it again and try some more of the same idea till you finally remove the debris from around the 'nebula' or galaxy' . Also, the 'Levels' command can be
    used with 'Black' to darken the 'masked' image ,x