Help with mounting CFW-6a to ST-6

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by nghastronomy, Feb 10, 2015.

1. nghastronomy

nghastronomy Standard User

So the Astronomy Club at my school has an ST-6 camera, and they want to mount a CFW-6a to it, but the documentation has been long-since lost. I've been looking around, and while I can find the operating manual for the ST-4x,5,6, it doesn't list anything specific about mounting hardware. What exactly do they need to mount and operate the filter wheel?

Because we're in Japan, and I'm the only one here whose first language is English, they asked me for help, but I'm at a bit of a loss, because I don't know what accessory equipment they have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. nghastronomy

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I checked through the documentation archive, and while I was able to find the manual for the CFW-8, there's nothing for the CFW-6. The CFW-8 mentions a T-thread flange for mounting to an ST-6. Would the CFW-6a use the same flange? Is such a flange still considered universal equipment and thus more easily obtainable?

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

CFW6A dates back to the late 1990's and I do not have any information on it. Yes it was the predecessor to the CFW8 but I don't know if they had parts in common. Maybe Bill would remember.... but it's probably moot. According to the inventory database SBIG has not produced the CFW8 since 2007, and there are no parts on inventory.

5. nghastronomy

hrhm...

Yea, ideally they'd buy a new camera for their telescope, but being a high school club, they just don't have the budget to do that kind of thing.

Thanks for your help, though.