Help...

Discussion in 'General' started by kodakcollector, Feb 16, 2015.

1. kodakcollector

kodakcollector Standard User

10 years ago, I purchased a bunch of stuff for my seven children and it was never used. The kids are now grown. I am retiring to Mexico and now its my turn. Before I purchase new software and I would like to know if what I have will work together? If I a can expect to get decent images? I guess I would also like to know if there is other imaging software available that might work with a macintosh? Without listing every single item, I am most concerned if the ccd camera, auto guider and software matches the telescope and will work as a unit.

Starbright XLT 11" Celestron Telescope with Feathertouch SCT MicroFocuser & Celestron CGE Series Tripod
    Orion 80mm f7.5 Refrator ED OTA
    Lumicon Visual Back Filter/Dust Seal, C11/14
    Starlight Xpress SXV-M8C CCD Camera
    Starlight Xpress SXV Autoguider
    Maxim DL Advanced CCD Imaging Software (version 4) Never registered, I realize this is not upgradeable.

I also have a Canon T5i and a Celestron NexGuide Autoguider which I would also like to use.

I have a bunch of other stuff... I am a complete novice, but am willing to put in the time it takes to learn.
    thanks

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Assuming there are ASCOM drivers available for the hardware it should all work. The Starlight Xpress cameras should work as well. If you want to know for sure, I recommend you either install MaxIm DL v4 and try it, or download the latest v6 and test. You can request the demo from the following page:

http://www.cyanogen.com/maximdl_dl.php